COMPOSITE REBAR DESCRIPTION
We produce several basic types of composite rebar for different applications. The reinforcing fibers are glass or carbon, all laid longitudinally. Fiber types include glass (AR or E type), carbon, and others (e.g. basalt). The proportion of fiber in the finished material is 75-80% by weight. The matrix is vinylester, polyester, or epoxy resin. The surface is spiral-wound to maintain its shape; above this is a layer of silicate sand suspended in resin to improve bonding with the surrounding concrete.
- Additional external reinforcement (PREFACARB) for additional strengthening
- Additional reinforcement placed near the surface (PREFA REBAR, PREFEN FS, FB)
- Internal reinforcement (PREFA REBAR) for new structures
PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS AND
- Chemically stable: Composite rebar resists chemical corrosion and is suitable for chemical production facilities and wastewater treatment plants. Composites do not react with chlorides and have minimal interaction with acidity (pH).
- Composites do not corrode in air, and as such do not need to be insulated from it. This enables material savings, as the final structural element is less massive.
- Composite materials have minimal thermal conductivity and do not form thermal bridges.
- Composite materials are electrically non-conductive and do not corrode when exposed to wandering current.
- Composite materials are transparent to electromagnetic waves; i.e., composite structures do not degrade EM signals. Composite rebar can be used in structures adjacent to high-voltage power lines and transformers.
types of materials
- Glass / polyester – temporary reinforcement
- Glass / vinyl ester – long-term application
- Carbon / vinyl ester – long-term demanding applications
- Carbon / epoxy – long-term demanding applications
Types of reinforced structures
- Concrete structures
- Wooden construction
|System||PREFEN FS, FB||PREFA REBAR||PREFACARB|
|Tensile strength (mean) [MPa]||3,000||1,000||1,200||1,000||3,000||4,800|
|Elastic modulus (mean) [GPa]||155||55||70||50||155||230|
NOTE: By selecting suitable materials, mechanical properties can be increased.
The product is patented: Utility models 17951, 17 847, 19307, Patent 302103