Key points of PREFA KOMPOZITY’s business include:
- European manufacturer of composite materials and structures with decades of experience.
- Sole stockholder is Prefa Brno, a Czech joint stock company with registered capital exceeding CZK 200 million (ca. EUR 7.8 million).
- Close collaboration with the Technical University of Brno (Vysoké učení technické v Brně, VUTB), a leading Czech technical university: including shared R&D, guest lectures by our staff, topics off ered for master’s theses and dissertations, membership on various academic boards, conference participation, support of young scientists.
- Company certified for quality (CSN EN ISO 9001) and environmental management (ČSN EN ISO 14001).
- All standard products certified.
- In-house Development & Innovation division (develops new materials, products, and technologies).
- Several well-equipped construction teams.
- Composites are made by pultrusion and (unlike many materials available on the market) have a polyester subsurface veil for higher durability.
- Product range includes a variety of enhanced composites, e.g. fi reretardant, antistatic, high-tensile-strength, chemically resistant, specific resin types, etc., as well as innovative products such as composites for composite rebar, ballistic barriers, prepreg reinforcements (SMC), and glues.
- Our products and leadership received awards at several prestigious competitions and exhibitions.
- Major references include utility tunnel renovations, structures for chemical and energy industry, motorway and railway bridge fi ttings, structures for wastewater treatment plants, and others.
- Membership in several major Czech economic and research organizations.